When admitted to a hospital, patients are in a position where they have to trust the doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists and other medical professionals to provide them with competent, professional care. When medical professionals act negligently, the serious illnesses and injuries that result, as well as the betrayed trust, can be tragic for victims. If you or someone you love has been harmed by hospital errors, it is important to work with Annapolis hospital error attorneys you can trust.
At Joel L. Katz, L.L.C., we represent hospital error victims in Annapolis and the surrounding Maryland communities. With more than 40 years of experience, our lawyers have a great deal of knowledge about hospital error cases. We know how to research the details of hospital injuries to determine the source of liability. We represent victims and the families of victims killed in accidents by filing wrongful death claims on their behalf.Types of Hospital Errors
We handle hospital error cases involving:
- Failure to inform: Medical professionals are required to inform patients of the exact nature and risks associated with a medical procedure.
- Emergency room errors: ER situations are often stressful and high-paced, leading to an increase in mistakes by doctors and surgeons.
- Anesthesia errors: Administering anesthesia requires precise dosage calculations and other precautions. The slightest error by an anesthesiologist can lead to serious illnesses and injuries.
- Misdiagnosis: Incorrectly diagnosing or failing to diagnose an injury or illness can lead to worse problems.
- Hospital-acquired infections: Patients may develop various infections in a hospital if hospital staff members fail to keep their instruments sterilized.
- Injuries occurring while in the hospital: If hospital staff members fail to respond to patients’ requests for help to the bathroom or act negligently when transporting patients, serious injuries can result.
At Joel L. Katz, L.L.C., we will thoroughly review the records, and we have numerous experts we can consult to determine the value of your claim. We will give you an honest assessment of your case and provide you with aggressive representation.Contact Our Annapolis, Centreville, Eastern Shore Emergency Room and Hospital Errors Lawyers